Saturday, August 11, 2012

Not 90s related, but...

I was just watching reruns of Gilmore Girls on the SOAP network.  (Channel 143 for Verizon Customers).  The episode on at the moment is one of the ones from when Rory was taking time off from Yale.  Paris tells Rory that the news about her stealing the boat is all over school because a girl named Rebecca Thurston posted it on her blog.  She told Rory to google "Rory Gilmore Sex Boat" to find the blog entry.

I only mention this here because when I was younger, it was a big deal if shows mentioned going online at all.  Prodigy and AOL were popular when I was in elementary school, and that's around the time when TV shows that I watched started making references to that.

When shows mention websites or phone numbers (How I Met Your Mother does this often) they sometimes actually lead somewhere.  It's actually an interesting marketing technique for shows to try, because there's a good chance that viewers will try to find out if it's a real website.

As the aforementioned Gilmore Girls episode is on right now, I just wanted to test this theory and find out if mentioning "Rory Gilmore Sex Boat" leads anyone here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment