Sunday, August 5, 2012

California Dreams

California Dreams was one of my favorite TV shows growing up.  It was part of the Teen NBC Saturday Morning line-up.  I remember it more from airing in syndication after school, and even years later.  I think I may have watched it on TBS or ABC Family when I was in college.

It was produced by the same team that brought us Saved By the Bell.  They also produced a number of other shows that I don't remember as well as SBtB and CD.

I recently rediscovered CD when something reminded me of it.  I don't own any of the seasons on DVD, but   I found every episode on YouTube.  Seasons 1-4 are available on DVD, and I'm going to buy them soon.  I just don't have the money at the moment.  Shout Factory, the company that released the DVDs has announced that they have no plans to release the final season.  I hope that changes, because I would love to own the whole set.

I watched the whole series, and am going to watch it again so I can recap it for all of you!  While watching the series based on the order that they were listed on IMDB, I noticed quite a few continuity errors.  We can discuss those as we go along.  I've seen so many blogs that snark trends of the 90s.  I actually legitimately liked CD (and admit that I still do) so it might be hard too snark, but all of these 90s shows were so delightfully cheesy, that I'm sure I'll find things to snark on along the way.

I don't know what else I'll talk about here, but I loved the 90s, so I'll think of more things as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment