Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mix Tapes

Remember the days before iTunes?  Before BearShare, Limewire, Kazaa, Morpheus and even Napster?  Back in my day, we didn't download music or burn it to a CD.  No, when I was in middle school and high school, I always had a blank tape in my stereo, ready for one of my favorite songs to come on.  As those opening notes began to play, I was ready to hit "record" and preserve those songs forever, or at least as long as I had a tape player to play them in.  The result was many many tapes of random songs that I collected over the years.




In one weird case, I have one called "Essential Road Trip Mix"  My car does not have a tape player.  I probably made it back when I drove my parents cars which did have tape players.  At the time, I think the cars my friends drove also had tape players, so maybe that's it.

The other day, I overheard a couple of tweens talking.  One asked the other what a Walkman was.  The response?  "That's something that really really old people used before iPods existed."

No comments:

Post a Comment